Monday, 30 May 2011

New poem of the month is published!

Hello everybody,


 I went officially nuts. If you thought I was sane, it was very sweet of you but also you couldn't be more wrong. Now you will be shown the full extend of my madness. The lindens, it must be something connected to them. I adore linden trees.


Let me present three poems for June. Yep, you got it right, THREE. SIX short texts (the original version and the English translation) composed by of two French frogs...I mean gentlemen.  I couldn't choose which one was the best, I didn't want to omit any of them as I loved them all. INSANELY.  

Two poems are of my good friend Arthur Rimbaud, one of his good friend Paul Verlaine. I told you I am insane, right? I only hope you will bear with me.Which one is the best, in your opinion?

As usual the poems can be found here - on my special page. Enjoy but, as usual, comment only here. On n'est pas serieux quant on a dix-sept ans...pour la deuxieme fois.

4 comments:

  1. I was trying to see where the Lindens are but I see them in the poem on being seventeen. I shall forever think of Siegfried and the dragon with Lindon trees but I guess the Linden is for lovers as well. Dark poems.
    Nothing wrong with being a bit mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the middle poem - the second Rimbaud one - so true! (though I was never in love when I was seventeen - late developer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scared me a bit. I thought... hm... is a bit of sunshine peaking through? The first two english ones weren't too dark. Ah, then Colloque Sentimental by Paul Verlaine was at the end. Ah hah! There is the darkness! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, things might be scary even with the tilleuls verts de la promenade. I put them in the order of the day - first the morning and then the afternoon and the evening. The last poem is also about the way many relationships ususally end. The middle one is a beauty (Rimbaud started early and finished early, soon ripe, soon rotten...)but these others also have their merits...insane, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate if you share your thoughts!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.