In fact I decided to publish two poems for March - one an old classic and one modern. You can read them here. Their topic is the same: a certain beautiful sunny spring flower you see in the pictures above and below. Enjoy and of course let me know what you think!
Spring is coming!
Spring is coming!



Good old Wordsworth!
ReplyDeleteIt's St David's Day tomorrow, patron saint of Wales, symbols: the leek and the daffodil.
Sadly, my daffodils aren't in flower yet.
The Wordsworth poem is fab! St. David's, the bishopric that poor Gerald of Wales craved and never got. Welsh men! Leeks! Daffodils! It is snowing and raining here outside, but in my heart spring has sprung!
ReplyDelete- Ileen
I chose daffodils, Tracy exactly because it's St David's Day tomorrow but my main reason was that I truly love them, like Wordsworth! What a pity I can't write such beautiful poems! ;)
ReplyDeleteIleen what is in your heart matters the most! Happy spring everyone!
I love daffs too - such cheerful flowers - in fact, I'd just saved a photo of some to use in a blogpost tomorrow when I saw you'd pipped me at the post! But I shall post it anyway :)
ReplyDeleteLol, it wasn't my intention to pip anybody so sure, go ahead and post them!
ReplyDeletePweety! Ah... almost spring... Great poems.
ReplyDeleteThanks Melissa!
ReplyDeleteOne of the best lines ever...
ReplyDelete>...that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
I really love the ending of that poem--makes it more than just an ode to spring, etc.
Hi JaneGS welcome to my blog! I totally agree - that poem, like most really good poems, has more than one meaning - spring flowers are just an outward cover. Reading it for the second or third time you ask yourself - why the author was so lonely? What had happened in his life?
ReplyDelete