Wednesday, 29 June 2011

New poem of the month is published!


This time I chose just two short poems (enough of torturing you all with my madness)  written by a poet who is  an absolute classic - no need to translate anything this time either. Go, read it here and tell me what you think...



14 comments:

  1. Poetry always seems to escape me...it makes me feel a bit dumb, to be honest haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely :) Yay for Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  3. To tell you the truth I prefer Shakespeare sonets to many of his acclaimed plays.

    Melissa, poetry requires thinking and thinking requires some conscious effort. If you bother to try once, you will get hooked for sure!

    Brooke and Blodeuedd - yay for Shakespeare and summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Shakespeare - though I have to confess I'm not so familiar with his sonnets - have never read no. 94 before, but of course everyone has heard of Shall I Compare Thee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course everyone has heard of Shall I Compare Thee

    Sure thing, I love combining more and less known poems, especially if they deal with roughly the same topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, poor Melissa, so distressed that she forgot her spelling...;) But YAY was ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I feel like an idiot because in all honesty, while I love reading *books* and I totally get what the author is trying to do...Poetry I DON'T understand! I've never understood most of it, especially Shakespeare. I do better with some poetry, but IDK. The second sounds lovely, with it's meter, but other than that, I suck. :D

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. But Shakespeare spellt (spelt? - no matter which way I write it, it always looks wrong!) his own name in several different ways, anachronist :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen not every poet and not every poem works for you - it's quite normal and you shouldn't feel like an idiot. On the other hand poetry is far more demanding than prose - it's something for active readers and you must learn how to find meaning behind words and metaphors.

    Tracy I was just teasing poor Melissa. I know that at the times of Shakespeare (or whatever) English words could be written in several ways and nobody cared. And it's 'spelt' or 'spelled'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that - just after I'd posted, LOL - (I'll blame the antibiotics and my fuzzy head - but my spelling mistakes are all my own work)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, are you ill? I wish you a speedy recovery then !!*hugs and chocolate*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes those poems can be difficult. He lived in dangerous times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate if you share your thoughts!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.