Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Teaser Tuesday 14 September

The Tuesday meme hosted by MizB at shouldbereading.wordpress.com
This week feel the atmosphere dominating the criminal underworld of Chicago - a fragment from "Hard Time" by Sara Paretsky.

"While the officer undid the lock, she whispered that her mother was an upholsterer, that she'd bring her over in the morning and get her to repair my couch, no charge. I was too tired and  too angry to do anything but nod my sore neck."

Cover of Hard Time (V.I. Warshawski Novels)
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for dropping by my site. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paretsky is on my list - sometimes I like her books, sometimes I don't! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard Times is one I had a hard time reading - simply because I found the storyline about life in prison hard to stomach - it's a good job I'm not criminally-inclined :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!

    Brooke the couch was slashed by another cop. If you want to know why you must read the book, though!

    Fredamans I am not sure about Harlequins - not that I have plenty of experience with those, mind you. Usually one glace at their covers puts me off but of course I might be prejudiced.

    Hi Tracy nice to see you back here! I also found the prison moments rather harsh but overall I liked the book.

    Book bird dog it often happens that an author writes better and worse books. I don't find all Paretsky novels equally good myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How intriguing..probably too gritty for me right now, and its interesting to read the various opinions on this post!
    Thanks for coming by :)

    e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is unusual - an officer whispering things about free upholstery.
    Those kinds of things never happen in my life. I wonder what I am doing wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deepali my pleasure!

    The Red Witch you do nothing wrong I hope - just how many times the police visited your house with nefarious intention of destroying your furniture? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never. :-) Although there are a couple of good looking guys on the local force and I wouldn't mind if they stopped by for tea now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, you know what to do to lure them inside - just get involved in crime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the welcome back, anachronist. I'm slowly catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Well, I think I've managed to post one comment on recent blog entries by most of my friends. And this morning I remembered to block my new IP on my statcounter - haven't checked it for months, I just get a summary stats e-mail every week - so I was gratified to discover that people still check it out - though no more World Bank Group surprises, just the usual suspects :) - so it's back to the e-mail summary again now.

    I just have to post my long-promised review of Good Omens and I've almost caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate if you share your thoughts!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.