Hello everybody and welcome to my blog. I can't be at BEA in New York as I don't live in the US so I'm very excited to be part of the Armchair BEA for the first time. My name is Bridget, I'm from a middle-sized town somewhere in Poland. I started my blog "Books as portable pieces of thoughts" last year because I love to read, I read mainly in English and I enjoy improving my English skills. There was also a second reason: I have always enjoyed reading (even as a kid) and can't imagine how people live who don't read but somehow my family and friends don't share my passion, calling it a weird addiction. Perhaps they are right but it is my only addiction. Ok , I have some others: good coffee, history, hand-made jewellery, fine bone china...but nothing as serious as reading.
Reading books makes me happy and whenever I leave the house I take with me a book or my brand-new, ereader which I am currently testing.
Ok, have a look around and feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for your visit!

Welcome to Armchair BEA! This is my first time also, and it is great to meet so many like-minded folks!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you Bridget! Don't worry, we all share your addiction and don't find it at all weird ;) We might need a support group though :)
ReplyDeleteI always forget that you are Polish! For some reason I place you in the southeast..:)
ReplyDeleteBridget - wonderful to 'meet' you! First, I have to say, I love your blog name -- 'portable pieces of thoughts' is just a perfect description of books.
ReplyDeleteI wish I was fluent in more than one language -- I would love to read foreign novels in their original language. Am currently learning Spanish (English is my first language) but I'm barely proficient enough to read children's books.
Have fun with your ereader -- getting one was very nearly life changing for me (I went abroad and was thrilled to have 300+ books with me without having the subsequent weight! ;)).
Nice to find your blog. Poland sound exciting. I'm always thrilled to have a new blog to follow. Hope to stay connected. And those zen fish in the righ bottom column scared the begeezus outta of me. lol
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you girls and guys, thanks for a visit!
ReplyDeletebooksNyarn I forgot to add - I like knitting too!
Reading Angel I am in favour of a support group - a very good idea!
Blodeuedd for a long time I was dead sure you are from Wales ;) You are close to truth in a manner of speaking - my great grandmother was from Sicily...
Audra - everything before you, you can always learn a foreign language and discover the beauty of reading books in original version. It has been a great motivation to me!
Lena Sledge these fish don't bite - I feed them regularly and they are NOT piranhas so fear not!
Nice to meet you Bridget!!
ReplyDeleteWe have a lot of the same interests. Especially books, history and coffee. That's awesome that you're from Poland. I love meeting bloggers from outside the states.
I look forward to following your blog!
Hi Jenn and thank you for a visit - indeed we seem to share quite a lot! Be sure to visit my page with links to miscelaneous essays, dealing with mostly historical topics!
ReplyDeleteyou are the first book blogger i've come across from Poland, so congrats on being the first! have a great Armchair BEA week!
ReplyDeletei love the title and byline of your blog, by the way. it's wonderful.
I didn't realize you're from Poland.
ReplyDeleteMy husband doesn't understand my addiction to reading, but he supports it, so I'm not complaining.
lisa thank you very much and I am very proud of being the first blogger from my country you've encoutered! Have a wonderful BEA Armchair experience yourself!
ReplyDeletecarol it seems you married the right guy! Thanks for your visit and comments, both of you!
Thanks for stopping by! It must be hard finding books written in English there... Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteI don't understand how some people don't read either. Once worked with a girl who would just sit and stare off into space if we were slow while I read.
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you. Hope you have fun this week!
I thought about doing this, but my schedule right now is so hectic, I decided not to do it. So, I will sit back and enjoy your posts.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I would want to be at a Book Expo. I've discovered the pleasures of ordering online because hardly any bookstores carry what I want to read.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to have found the book blogging community. They all understand our addiction. Welcome to Armchair BEA!
ReplyDeleteHi Bridget!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog.
Nice to meet you,
Heidi
Hello!
ReplyDeleteCan add a Digg button on all your posts? It could spread the word about your blog.
A Digg button...well, I am not sure about it but thanks for suggesting it nevertheless!
ReplyDeleteHi Heidi, nice to meet you too!
Chrisbookarama - there is nothing better for an addict than a support group!
Melissa - I wasn't sure I would do it myself, I decided to do so in the last possible moment. I like new challenges and I am very glad you found some time to visit!
Karis, the pleasure is mine - thanks for visiting back!
Michelle, finding English books has never been easy but what are friends for? ;) I can't complain!
Ileen I would go to such an event just to feel the kick but I am pretty aware of the fact that my bookish tastes, unlike yours, are sometimes rather shallow...
Nice to meet you Bridget! I think you're the first blogger from Poland I've ever "met". I'm a few countries to the left: the Netherlands.
ReplyDeleteHave a good Armchair BEA!
What a nice intro. I don't think I realized you were from Poland (my grandparents were born there).
ReplyDelete@I am pretty aware of the fact that my bookish tastes, unlike yours, are sometimes rather shallow.
ReplyDeleteLOL I have been known to read tabloids on occasion and I love science fiction. Don't be so sure that I only read snooty stuff. One of my favorite authors is Susan Townsend.
leeswammes Netherlands are one of the countries I would love to visit!
ReplyDeleteDiane now we are practically family ;)
The Red Witch I still read less "snooty stuff" than you and I am ashamed of it from time to time. I'll always look up to you as my better.
*waves*
ReplyDeleteA fellow coffee lover....very very good.
*waves back*
ReplyDeleteI am very pleased to see your comment, Susi!
@I still read less "snooty stuff" than you and I am ashamed of it
ReplyDeleteYou needn't be ashamed. I had a friend once comment that he wanted to read Anna Karenina because one ought to and I thought it was one of the worst reasons for reading a book. All reading is mind expanding. Read what gives you pleasure.
Read what gives you pleasure.
ReplyDeleteWell, my days of forced reading are definitely over. I am expanding my mind in every direction so to speak but still, there are more and less noble directions...;P and I am pretty much aware of it.