Monday, 3 January 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 4 January



Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Here are the rules: Grab your current read. Open to a random (or not so random) page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week comes from "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - the review I am planning to write soon! Meanwhile enjoy this short excerpt:

They followed verse 24, which in the King James version reads:
"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming
sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life," and read:
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming
sword which was given unto thee?
26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget
my own head next.
27 And the Lord did not ask him again.

Cover of Cover of Good Omens
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. I love this book - I really must re-read it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite understand your affection - the book is a scream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, my translation of the Bible doesn't have this portion in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a very limited edition (1 copy in total) so small wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Terry Pratchett!! This is one of my favorites - I m about due for another re-read.
    Thanks for visiting e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome as usual Deepali and nice to see you here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one heck of a teaser! I haven't read any Terry Pratchett...can you believe that?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any Terry Pratchett...can you believe that?!
    Melissa, I'd never read any Neil Gaiman before I read this book, though I really enjoyed the movie of Stardust, but since then I've read American Gods which is very disturbing, very dark and very readable.

    Pratchett's Discworld series is generally very good and very funny, some books in the series more than others, but if you don't like that kind of fantasy, then Nation is good, set in an alternative 19th century Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Neil Gaiman! Got to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a fan of Discworld series - the sense of humour works for me- but it is my first Neil Gaiman book and I must say I enjoyed it immensely.

    I haven't read any Terry Pratchett...can you believe that?!

    Then you can start right now Melissa!

    Got to read this one. :)

    Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate if you share your thoughts!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.